Please join us for the 2015 Charlotte Art for Arthritis
October 15, 2015
Mint Museum Uptown
500 South Tyron St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Starts at 7pm
Tickets are $75 in advance or $90 at the door
Questions/Sponsorships call 704-705-1798
Most people don’t think about children having arthritis but more than 8,400 children in the North Carolina area have some form of this painful disease. Art for Arthritis is a one-of-a-kind experience uniting local artists and children impacted by juvenile arthritis. Together, they turn a potentially challenging and painful situation into beautiful and inspiring pieces of art. Attendees can look forward to an evening of drinks, heavy appetizers, a silent auction and an exciting live auction featuring the artwork the children and artists have created together.
About the Arthritis Foundation
The Arthritis Foundation is the largest non-profit a national health organization whose mission is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and other related diseases.
What is the Arthritis Foundation doing to fight juvenile arthritis?
• Funding life-changing and groundbreaking research
• Advocating for kids and teens with arthritis to gain access to pediatric rheumatologists. There are only 250 pediatric rheumatologists nationwide.
• Increasing insight into juvenile arthritis (JA) via the CARRA registry, a database about juvenile arthritis for researchers and pediatric rheumatologists
• Supporting families and bringing them together through the Juvenile Arthritis Conference, Art for Arthritis, JA Family Days.
Arthritis hurts someone you know.
• More than 50 million Americans (1 in 5 people) have been diagnosed with arthritis by a doctor
• Nearly 300,000 children under the age of 18 are affected by juvenile arthritis
• Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the United States
• 2/3 of those that suffer from arthritis are under the age of 65
• 1.4 million adults in North Carolina have been diagnosed with arthritis
• 8,400 children in North Carolina suffer from various forms of arthritis